A book signing is set for Saturday, December 9 to raise money for Writers Hall of Fame scholarship fund. Here’s the information for anyone who is close by and would like to attend.
November 25, 2014
Writers Hall of Fame NEWS RELEASE
From Jeanne Duffey, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact Nancy Brown Dornan at 417.869.1513 or email@example.com
HOLIDAY BOOK SIGNING PARTY TO BENEFIT WRITERS HALL OF FAME SATURDAY, DECEMBER 6, 2014, AT MASCHINO’S
A Holiday Book Signing Party, featuring ten authors who’ve published books on a variety of subjects, will be held from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Saturday, December 6, 2014, at Maschino’s, 1715 S. Campbell Ave.
The free event will benefit the Writers Hall of Fame, a local group of volunteers who promote writers and writing and present college scholarships to area high school seniors. The group will also wrap book purchases at the event, and cider and cookies will be served.
Authors scheduled to appear at the event include:
• Alan E. Bailey—Delores: The Alexander Saga, the third and final in a series based on a true story about a family adjusting to a new post-World War II order, set in Springfield, Texas and California.
• Mary Elizabeth Bradley: A Doctor’s Daughter: Growing Up at a State Tuberculosis Sanatorium, a memoir by a Branson resident and music instructor at College of the Ozarks.
• Sherry J. Cook and Terri Johnson—the Quirkles: Exploring Phonics through Science, 26 books and a digital series to help children develop a love and appreciation of science and literacy created by Missouri State University professors.
• Anne Cox: I Am A Yogi: My First Book of Yoga for children under eight years old by an accomplished artist and illustrator who is passionate about the positive benefits of yoga.
• Jeanne Christakos Duffey: Cook Like a Greek! Traditional Family Recipes Made Modern for the Greek in All of Us from a second-generation Greek-American.
• Gayle Harper: Roadtrip with a Raindrop: 90 Days Along the Mississippi River, nearly 200 full-color photographs and stories about her travels from the headwaters in Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico.
• David Harrison: nationally acclaimed author of 80 children’s and educational books that have sold more than 15 million copies, including bugs, Pirates and When Cows Come Home.
• Todd Parnell: a former banker and college president writes about his family in The Buffalo, Ben and Me, Postcards From Branson and Mom At War.
• Dr. Nancy O’Reilly: Leading Women: 20 Successful Women Share Their Secrets to Leadership, Business and Life by a clinical psychologist, philanthropist and founder of WomenSpeak.com.
• Anita Roberts: Branson. Originally home to the Osage, this town, known in 1939 as the Paradise of the Ozarks and now as the Live Entertainment Capital of the World.