The cruise was fun and so was the week after that in Captiva. During those two weeks I did no work and slid nearly 1,000 messages behind. Here are my priorities for this week.
1. Finish the revisions for a poetry manuscript for Charlesbridge
2. Start the revisions for a poetry manuscript for Boyds Mills.
3. Review the suggested revisions for a picture book for Random.
4. Make notes for a chapter I’ve agreed to write for an upcoming 5th edition of an industry standard called CHILDREN’S LITERATURE IN THE READING PROGRAM. I also wrote the poetry chapters for the 3rd and 4th editions.
5. Chip away at the messages most in need of responses.
I need to check with Highlights to see if anyone else has signed up yet for my poetry workshop in August. If you missed my post about it, here’s the link. https://www.highlightsfoundation.org/workshops/how-do-poets-get-published-learning-what-it-takes-2016