Progress report

Hi everyone,

I’ve now completed my poems for Book #1 on the Scholastic project with Tim Rasinski and Mary Jo Fresch. When I started, I set a goal of averaging a poem a day for the twenty-six poems we needed. It took thirty-eight work days, but during that time I did a couple of virtual school visits, gave a talk to a Rotary Club, had a pacemaker put in, and joined three other poets in a Night of Poetry. I feel like that was pretty good.

I’m not finished with the poems yet but am putting them down for a week or so before starting from the beginning to revise and polish. Meantime Tim and Mary Jo are finishing their work and it looks like we’ll be ready to send Book #1 off to our editor by April 30, two months ahead of schedule. While we’re on a roll, I’m shooting for a May 31 completion day for Book #2. We’ll see how it goes.

For the next few days I’m going to be in and out so my posts may be scattered. Have a good week!